Our Mission Statement
We develop, promote and represent dramatherapy in all national and international contexts, whilst working alongside other health care professions and providing the best possible services to our members.
- to promote the advancement of Dramatherapy as a profession.
- to act as the representational body for dramatherapists working in the UK.
- to promote, maintain, improve and advance the education of the public about the benefits, theory and practice of Dramatherapy.
- to be an advocate for the establishment and maintenance of fair pay and conditions of service for Dramatherapists.
- to forge links with Dramatherapists, other Arts Therapies organisations and healthcare professions nationally and internationally.
A bit more about what we do...
The Association performs a wide selection of functions for members, the general public and the healthcare arena including:
- Formulating criteria for training courses and standards of professional practice.
- Maintaining a register of supervisors.
- Organising conferences and training days.
- Publishing journals, newsletters and information leaflets.
- Disseminating examples of good practice.
- Answering questions from the general public, official bodies and the press.
- Archiving a growing body of research.
- Providing information about CPD.
- Establishing a number of specialist subcommittees that promote Dramatherapy in specific areas of practice.
- Liaising with other Allied Health Professional Bodies and Psychological Therapies Associations.
- Being a stakeholder in major health and education reforms and consultations.
- Offering grants and awards to its members to help develop their practice.